Sequential excerpts (including footnotes) from ‘The Dawn-Breakers’ by Nabil-i-‘Azam, translated and edited by Shoghi Effendi

August 19, 2019

In some of his writings Siyyid Kázim alludes to the blessed name of Bahá’u’lláh “in veiled language”

I had been referring to the eagerness with which Siyyid Kázim had determined to rend asunder those veils which intervened between the people of his day and the recognition of the promised Manifestation. In the introductory pages of his works, entitled Sharh-i-Qasidih and Sharh-i-Khutbih, he, in veiled language, alludes to the blessed name of Bahá’u’lláh. In a booklet, the last he wrote, he explicitly mentions the name of the Báb by his reference to the term “Dhikru’lláh-i-‘Aẓam.” In it he writes: “Addressing this noble ‘Dhikr,’ [1] this mighty voice of God, I say: ‘I am apprehensive of the people, lest they harm you. I am apprehensive of my own self, lest I too may hurt you. I fear you, I tremble at your authority, I dread the age in which you live. Were I to treasure you as the apple of my eye until the Day of Resurrection, I would not sufficiently have proved my devotion to you.’” 
- Nabil  (‘The Dawn-Breakers, chapter 2’)
[1] “Dhikr” means “mention,” “remembrance.”