Sequential excerpts (including footnotes) from ‘The Dawn-Breakers’ by Nabil-i-‘Azam, translated and edited by Shoghi Effendi

August 17, 2019

1848: The Báb entrusted one of His scribes “with a great mission”

I [Shaykh Hasan-i-Zunúzí] continued to be closely associated with Him until that great encounter of Shaykh Tabarsí. When informed of that event, the Báb directed all His companions to hasten to that spot, and extend every assistance in their power to Quddús, His heroic and distinguished disciple. Addressing me one day, He said: ‘But for My incarceration in the Jabál-i-Shadíd, the fortress of Chihríq, it would have been incumbent upon Me to lend My personal assistance to My beloved Quddús. Participation in that struggle is not enjoined upon you. You should proceed to Karbilá and should abide in that holy city, inasmuch as you are destined to behold, with your own eyes, the beauteous countenance of the promised Husayn. [Baha’u’llah] As you gaze upon that radiant face, do also remember Me. Convey to Him the expression of My loving devotion.’ He again emphatically added these words: ‘Verily I say, I have entrusted you with a great mission. Beware lest your heart grow faint, lest you forget the glory with which I have invested you.’ 
- Shaykh Hasan-i-Zunúzí  (Quoted by Nabil; Chapter 2, ‘The Dawn-Breakers)