Sequential excerpts (including footnotes) from ‘The Dawn-Breakers’ by Nabil-i-‘Azam, translated and edited by Shoghi Effendi

August 14, 2019

1844: A disciple of Siyyid Kázim in Karbilá hears the news of the Báb’s Declaration in Shiraz

…the day when the call of a Youth from Shíráz, proclaiming Himself to be the Báb, reached my [Shaykh Hasan-i-Zunúzí, a disciple of Siyyid Kázim] ears. The thought instantly flashed through my mind that such a person could be none other than that selfsame Youth whom I had seen in Karbilá, the Youth of my heart’s desire. …later on I journeyed from Karbilá to Shíráz, I found that He had set out on a pilgrimage to Mecca and Medina. [October 1844] I met Him on His return [December 1844] and endeavoured, despite the many obstacles in my way, to remain in close association with Him. 
- Shaykh Hasan-i-Zunúzí  (A disciple of Siyyid Kázim, quoted by Nabil; Chapter 2, ‘The Dawn-Breakers)