Sequential excerpts (including footnotes) from ‘The Dawn-Breakers’ by Nabil-i-‘Azam, translated and edited by Shoghi Effendi

November 22, 2019

The Báb’s reputation while in Búshihr

I have heard Hájí Siyyid Javád-i-Karbilá’í  recount the following:

“Whilst journeying to India, I passed through Búshihr. As I was already acquainted with Hájí Mírzá Siyyid ‘Alí, I was enabled to meet the Báb on several occasions. Every time I met Him, I found Him in such a state of humility and lowliness as words fail me to describe. His downcast eyes, His extreme courtesy, and the serene expression of His face made an indelible impression upon my soul.  I often heard those who were closely associated with Him testify to the purity of His character, to the charm of His manners, to His self-effacement, to His high integrity, and to His extreme devotion to God."  
- Nabil  (Chapter 3, ‘The Dawn-Breakers’)