Sequential excerpts (including footnotes) from ‘The Dawn-Breakers’ by Nabil-i-‘Azam, translated and edited by Shoghi Effendi

April 3, 2020

The dream of a very famous clergyman in Baha’u’llah’s ancestral district of Núr in Mazindaran

Later on, when Bahá’u’lláh had departed, [from Tehran for Mazindaran] the mujtahid related to his disciples two of his recent dreams, the circumstances of which he believed were of the utmost significance. “In my first dream,” he said, “I was standing in the midst of a vast concourse of people, all of whom seemed to be pointing to a certain house in which they said the Sáhibu’z-Zamán dwelt. Frantic with joy, I hastened in my dream to attain His presence. When I reached the house, I was, to my great surprise, refused admittance. ‘The promised Qá’im,’ I was informed, ‘is engaged in private conversation with another Person. Access to them is strictly forbidden.’ From the guards who were standing beside the door, I gathered that that Person was none other than Bahá’u’lláh. 
(Chapter 5, ‘The Dawn-Breakers’)