Sequential excerpts (including footnotes) from ‘The Dawn-Breakers’ by Nabil-i-‘Azam, translated and edited by Shoghi Effendi

May 9, 2020

The people of Núr encouraged Baha’u’llah to enlist the support of their famous clergy

In their admiration for Him [Baha'u'llah], a number of the most distinguished among them remarked: “We see how the people of Núr have risen and rallied round you. We witness on every side evidences of their exultation. If Mullá Muhammad were also to join them, the triumph of this Faith would be completely assured.” “I am come to Núr,” Bahá’u’lláh replied, “solely for the purpose of proclaiming the Cause of God. I cherish no other intention. If I were told that at a distance of a hundred leagues a seeker yearned for the Truth and was unable to meet Me, I would, gladly and unhesitatingly, hasten to his abode, and would Myself satisfy his hunger. Mullá Muhammad, I am told, lives in Sa’adat-Ábád, a village not far distant from this place. It is My purpose to visit him and deliver to him the Message of God.” 
(Chapter 5, ‘The Dawn-Breakers’)